Furnace maintenance is a preventive heating service that involves a thorough inspection and tune-up of your system. Given that most people only call for HVAC service when something goes wrong, you may be wondering, “Do I really need furnace maintenance service?”
Yes, you really do need furnace maintenance if you want to save money, stay comfortable, and keep you and your family safe.
Furnace tune-ups involves checking all of the system’s essential components and adjusting, cleaning, testing, and/or lubricating them, as needed. Some of the specific tasks involved in our maintenance checklist include:
- Inspecting the vent system and air intake grilles, removing any blockages
- Checking the heat exchanger for signs of damage or corrosion
- Examining and cleaning the blower, removing any debris
- Checking the blower motor and testing its amp draw
- Inspecting the electrical connections, tightening them and/or replacing damaged wiring as needed
- Checking the burner and flame sensor
- Examining the belts for any signs of damage or cracks
- Inspecting the thermostat and calibrating it as needed
- Lubricating all moving parts in the heating system
- Checking the air filter, cleaning it, and replacing it as needed
- Checking and testing the system’s safety controls and startup cycle
If you have natural gas, additional steps included in furnace maintenance service include:
- Examining fuel lines for potential leaks
- Checking and testing gas pressure, the burner, and the pilot
- Inspecting the thermocouple
- And more!
Learn about on Comfort Care Plans specials for regular maintenance.
To request a furnace maintenance or service at your home, contact Collins today!
Note: Every maintenance we perform, includes our “No Breakdown Guarantee” If your system fails anytime in the season we maintained it for, we will REFUND 100% of your maintenance fee.